8 Effective Exercises to Slim Down Your Face
How to Thin Your Cheeks
Having thin cheeks is a coveted look that has become a staple of the modeling and fashion industry. Unfortunately, outside of plastic surgery or losing bodily weight, physically thinning the cheeks isn't possible.However, with just a little bit of makeup you can accentuate those cheekbones while giving your cheeks an overall slender appearance.
Purchase materials.Select a contour color and/or matte bronzer that is one or two shades deeper than your skin tone. For the highlighter, choose a color that is slightly lighter than your natural complexion.
- Cream and powder are both acceptable choices for contouring your face.
- Cream provides a glossier texture on your face, while powder provides a matte look.
- A makeup blending brush is recommended for applying the makeup. Effective brushing ensures proper blending and avoids streaky makeup.
Contour your cheeks.Apply the contour color in a diagonal line just underneath your cheek bone, from the center of your cheek toward your ear.
- Elongate your face when applying the contour. This can be done by puckering your lips together (like making a fish or duck face). Your cheekbones become more visible and can guide where you place the contour.
- Place the contour higher on your cheeks if you want to go for a sharper look.
Blend the contour line.Blend the contour line diagonally from near your ear, along the cheek bone, down toward the corner of your mouth. Use the blending brush to avoid harsh streaks and mask the overall appearance of makeup.
Apply bronzer to your face.Place the bronzer below the initial contour line and lightly blend into your cheeks if desired. Brush evenly and gently to get a proper blend.
- Bronzer may not be necessary if you already have a darker complexion or the contour makeup was sufficient in creating the illusion of shadows under the cheekbone.
Add blush.Apply a blush of your choice above the contour line to draw attention to your eyes and cheekbones. Blend in the same direction as you blended the contour line.
Add highlights.Apply your highlighter under your eyes and down the bridge of your nose to brighten those areas. This will make the contoured and bronzed area of your face stand out more in contrast to the highlights – dark colors recede and light colors “pop.”
- If you chose to use cream contour and bronzer, you will need to set the makeup with a setting powder to keep the cream long-lasting and from smearing too easily.
Change your hairstyle (Optional).Alter your hairstyle to better accentuate your cheeks, or to give your face an overall thinner appearance. Pulling your hair back into a ponytail, parting your hair on the side instead of the middle and adding volume to the crown of your head all help your face appear thinner.
Performing Facial Exercises (Optional)
Make a fish face.Suck in your cheeks and lips to form a “fish face” with your lips. Smile while holding the posture for 5 seconds. Relax and repeat between 15 and 20 times for best results.
Perform the X-O pose.Maneuver your face and jaw to silently pronounce the alphabet letters “X” and “O.” Pronounce them slowly and deliberately to exercise the jaws, cheeks and neck muscles.
- This exercise can be performed whenever you have spare time, such as in the car or while watching television.
Do cheek lifts.Start in a sitting position. Smile as wide as you can and use your hands to lift your cheeks toward your eyes. You should feel a slight stretch and strain in your cheek muscles. Hold the posture for 15 seconds and then relax. Repeat 15 times for best results.
Blow air.Sit on a chair with your spine straight and tilt your head back so that you face the ceiling. Pucker your lips and blow air from your mouth for between 5 and 10 seconds before relaxing. Repeat 15 to 20 times for best results.
Perform “the mouthwash move.” Sit in a comfortable position. Fill up one of your cheeks with air. Transfer the air from one cheek to another as you would when swishing mouthwash. Perform this for 1 minute and then relax. Repeat 5 to 10 times for best results.
- While there is no evidence that facial exercises can thin your cheeks, such exercises may help tighten facial muscles, giving a more defined look.
Talk to your health care provider.There is no way of targeting your weight loss so that you only lose weight in specific sections of your body, such as your cheeks. To actually slim those cheeks down, you must lose overall bodily weight. Talk to your health care provider prior to dieting or exercising and let them know of what you are trying to accomplish. If you have chronic conditions, are overweight or even if you are weight appropriate, you may need to take on a tailored exercise regiment under advisement from your provider to avoid injury or health issues.
- Let your health care provider know of the diet or exercise methods you are interested in to see if they're a good fit for you.
Change your diet.Eating healthier is one of the most effective ways of cutting down on weight. Note that your face is often one of the last areas to slim out when losing weight.
- Count calories. Keep track of how many calories you've consumed versus your targeted goal. Apps are available to help you determine how many calories are featured in common foods.
- Keep a lot of tempting foods, such as those high in sugars or carbs, out of the house. You're less likely to eat unhealthy foods if they are not easily accessible.
- Eat plenty of vegetables. Vegetables help you feel full throughout the day, in addition to housing plenty of important vitamins and nutrients.
- Drink plenty of water. Like eating vegetables, water helps you feel full and keeps your hunger in check.
- Keep a food journal. Writing down what you eat can help you keep your healthy eating habits on track and help you understand your eating habits as a whole.Food journals also help identify which foods are particularly high in calories.
- Avoid fad diets and supplements. Fad diets are ineffective and lack scientific evidence to back up their claims. At worst, they can cause you to alter your diet in a negative fashion by cutting out essential food groups.
Exercise.Burning 500 more calories than you eat every day will prevent weight gain and slowly burn the pounds. If you want to lose weight faster, you will have to make space in your schedule for more regular exercise.
- Aim for cardio and strength training. Cardio, such as jogging, biking or swimming, burns the most calories. Supplement with strength training, such as weights to keep your body healthy.
QuestionWill I be thinner if I eat more fruit?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIn all honesty, it just depends on you and your body. Everyone is different. Talk to your doctor about your weight loss goals and what diet he/she recommends for you.Thanks!
QuestionIs there anything else I can do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThis probably isn't what you want to hear, but unless you get plastic surgery, you can't make your face permanently change shape. Your time and energy will be better invested in learning to love yourself as you are.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I make my face a "V" shape?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerContour or plastic surgery are your only options.Thanks!
- Apply a primer to your face in the morning before applying makeup to help tighten up your skin. Hot tea such as ginger or peppermint also help remove facial bloat.
- If you want your contour to last longer, apply sunscreen on your cheeks before applying your makeup.
- If possible, get a friend to help apply makeup. They can give you an idea of how your cheeks are currently looking.
- Choosing a more angular eyebrow shape can help balance out a rounder face and give your face a sharper appearance.
Video: 3 Easy Face Exercises for Double Chin Removal and Wrinkles in Hindi (Results in 7 days!)
Prawn Mousse With Orange And Watercress Salad Recipe
Best Redwood Wood Planter Box
Eat Chic: 5 Unexpected Ways to Pair Food Wine
Sample NaNoWriMo Excerpt
Mango SpringSummer 2014 Lookbook
How to grow taller for girls at 14
How to Arrange Hospice Care
Biggest Makeup Trends From SS 2019 NYFW
How to Clean a Menstrual Cup
Jamie Dornan Is Going To Be In A Movie With Bradley Cooper. Yes, Yes, Yes
Miraculous Surgery Saves Expecting Couples Quadruplets
How to Hang Lights on a Christmas Tree