The Mind Can Only Be Confused | Sadhguru
How to Avoid Being Mistaken for a Troll on a Windows Forum
In the real world there is no such thing as a troll except in a fairy story. But on an Internet forum the word troll has a new meaning. A troll can mean different things on forums. For example a person who upsets other members,a person who posts just to get attention,a person who is not interested in the topic is just some of examples a forum think someone is a troll or trolling the forum. And members are more likely to be mistaken for a troll or trolling on a Windows forum. As Windows users have fixed ideas about computers and different versions of Windows. So if someone comes along and disagrees with other members.They can be misunderstood for being a troll when they are not trolling the forum.And so they could end up being banned from the forum. So here is how to avoid that situation.
Try to stay on the topic of the thread.If for example the topic is about Windows XP do not talk about Windows 7,Windows Vista or Linux operating system. That can be misunderstood for trolling or hijacking a thread. And this could get you a warning from the moderators or even a ban from the forum.
DO NOT say I hate Windows.And do not make jokes or negative comments like" Windows XP is better than Windows 7." Or "Windows 8 sucks and should be banned." Or "Linux is better than Windows." Or "Don't use Windows use Linux."Jokes about how terrible one version of Windows may be from another version of Windows,it may be very funny to readers. But forum moderators won't find it funny.And this can get you mistaken for a troll by the other forum members and get you a warning from a moderator. And it can also get you banned from the forum.
If your posts upset other forum members,stop posting.For example your posts may be slightly off topic or you may have made some comments in your posts about how bad Windows Vista is compared to Windows 7. Or even made a joke about Windows. But often this can upset other members and they can react by posting on the thread that you are a troll when you are not. If this happens to you, just stop posting. Or polity explain that you are not trolling the forum or hijacking the thread and apologize.
If you get a warning from a moderator to stop doing something then,STOP.For example,you may have gone off topic in a thread,there may be something in your posts that have upset other members. Either way,if a moderator tells you to stop posting whatever it is that is upsetting other members.Then take that as a warning, and stop posting and stick to the topic or start a new thread.
Do not post for the sake of posting as this can also be seen as trolling.As can posting to get attention and posting on too many threads. All of which could be mistaken for trolling the forum.
Read the signs.If other members or a moderator starts accusing you of trolling or hijacking a thread. Or if your threads and threads you are posting on keep getting locked or deleted.Or you keep getting warnings from the moderators. All of these could be signs that you are not welcome. So if this happens to you it is best to leave the forum. As it is better leave now than be banned later.
If your thread is locked or deleted by a moderator do not start another thread about the same topic.As this could get you a warning or a ban from the forum. The forum has the right to lock or delete your threads or any thread you are posting on. And they can edit or delete your posts or make your threads private view. Meaning your thread is not visible to anyone else on the web or in search engines. And only forum members can view it. You have no control over this.
Be polite at all times.If a forum member is rude to you do not respond by being rude back to them. As this can quickly get out of hand and turn other members against you. And get you mistaken for trolling or inflaming other members. Moderators do not care about who started the argument.You could also end up being banned from the forum. So if a member is rude to you just ignore them.
- Try to stay on topic. This can be more difficult to do on a Windows forum. But not doing so can get you misunderstood for tolling the forum, or hijacking a thread. And this can get you a warning from a moderator and a ban from the forum.
- Keep your opinions to yourself.You may have your own ideas about how you run your computer and may not use anti virus software. Or you may hate Windows 7 and prefer Windows XP. Either way many Windows forums do not like you to post this on the forum. And this too could get you misunderstood for a troll and could get you banned.
- If you join another forum do not post that you were banned from your last forum. Or you could be banned from that forum as well.
- If you get banned from the forum do not sign up again with a different user name and email address. That will just make them more angry and they will ban your IP address. Forums keep a record of every members IP address and they will know that it's you.
- Some forums will not allow anyone who has been banned from other forums on their forum.
- If you have been banned from the forum for trolling, even if you have not been doing it. You will find it harder to get unbanned from the forum.
- Even if you follow these tips you could still be mistaken for being a troll. Some forum members and moderators are just like that.
Video: How To Stop Feeling Lost & Confused
Blogger Wants Pregnant Women to Dance
Viyella Clothing: SS13 Collection
6 Fall Transition Pieces for Work
Bremont Supersonic Pays Tribute To One Of The Worlds Fastest Passenger Planes
How to Backboard a Spinal Injury Victim in the Water
The Best Food To Ease Bloating
Womens Karine Sultan Drop Earrings
15 French Bulldogs Help Man Stage Unbearably Cute Wedding Proposal
How to Sterilize Water With Sunlight
Strawberries and Cream open Sandwich Recipe
How to Enjoy Phone Sex
Elizabeth Taylor Ran a Secret Network to Get Drugs to HIV Patients
How to Prevent Scaly Skin
Learning to Juggle Multiple Children